Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blog Entry 6

Sacrifice

I give all my free time to swimming. I swim back and forth over a hundred times a day, I do more flips in one practice than a cheerleader does in a lifetime. People say I sacrifice my time, but for me it is a lifestyle choice. It is something that I want to do.

A sacrifice means to surrender or give up, I am not giving up anything. I am gaining strength and knowledge, knowledge of how to keep my life in check.

Swimming is something that people find boring, lap after lap, it is pointless. They don't see it how I do, it is fascinating. Training with friends, challenging each other to go faster and friendly competition with your team mates. I live to swim all the time, whether it is waking up before the sun is up or staying at finals til the sun is always done, I do not sacrifice my time to swim, I choose to use my freetime to swim.

Sacrifice is a foreign term to me, I don't listen to people that tell me I have no life outside of swimming, because swimming is my life and this is how I want to spend it. I strive to be strong, focussed and stubborn about the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment