Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Entry 11

Culminating Writers Profile:
1.) My writing has changed because it has acquired a new thought process. It has stayed the same because I still find myself getting off topic.
2.) I think my strength in writing is giving detail, I reinforce them by writing descriptive papers.
3.) I see introduction paragraphs, vagueness and rambling as my weaknesses. I am working on getting new ideas on how to start essays, and getting descriptive on the right things so I will not get off topic.
Evaluating Your Writing Process:
1.) I would rewrite the introductory paragraph and add more to the conclusion.
2.) The easiest element to improve will be taking away unneeded detail and words.
3.) The biggest problem I had in this essay was starting the essay initially and staying on topic.
Evaluating Your Successes:
1.) The most successful large scale revision I had in this essay was the way I started the body paragraphs.
2.) Instead of rambling on the wole time, I managed to find good quotes and used descrptive words the portrayed the main point of my essay.
3.) I do not think that I did a very good job picking and writing to a certain audience, I was too vague.
Being Honest With Self:
1.) The most intimidating part of this writing process was starting the essay, to overcome it I started with the body paragraphs and then I wrote the intro paragraph.
2.) Reading intro paragraphs from other writers definions essays inspired me to use different techniques.
3.) I used rhetorical questions in my essay after I read other students essays.
4.) I learned, from my peers, that I should use just a little bit more detail on certain aspects of my writing.
5.) I see myself as an improving writer that has learned many new things but I feel as if I have many new things to learn and that I can add to my writing to make it a more strong and complete essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment